Porcupine Real Estate Blog
Day Trips from New Hampshire
May 6, 2022byLiving in New Hampshire
Since New Hampshire is such a small state, it’s a great place to live if you and your family love day trips. There are fun activities for all surrounding New Hampshire. Here’s a list of some of the best day trips:
- A day in Boston is fun for history buffs, kids, and food connoisseurs alike. From the Museum of Fine Arts to the Freedom Trail to the Children’s Museum, there’s something for everybody. There’s enough to do in this huge city for many day trips to come.
- Who doesn’t love Ben & Jerry’s? You can take a day trip out to the Ben & Jerry’s factory for a great tour with ice cream at the end. Anyone who loves ice cream will be delighted with the ice cream graveyard in the back, along with the free samples. This is an affordable day trip - four dollars per adult and kids under twelve are free.
- Mackworth Island in Maine is perfect for anyone who’s young at heart. There is a permanent fairy house village on the island, where you can look at others’ fairy houses, or make your own. The scenery is also beautiful, with plenty of benches overlooking the water.
- Although a bit longer of a drive, Cape Cod is worth the trip. There are sandy beaches, hiking and biking trails, and golfing. Kids and adults alike will love the whale watching trips, along with the cute shopping areas.
- Rhode Island has many hidden gems, and it’s not too far from Southern NH. Newport has fantastic mansions, along with breathtaking views of the beach. Kids will love walking around the sand-swept beaches, while adults can soak up the history of famous mansions such as The Breakers.