Porcupine Real Estate Blog
Popular Events in New Hampshire
May 9, 2022byLiving in New Hampshire
Despite being such a tiny state, New Hampshire is filled with events for all ages. From seafood festivals to highland games, NH has it all. Here are some of the most popular events that NH has to offer:
- Maple Sugaring in New Hampshire is fun for the whole family. During Maple Weekend, many sugar houses open their doors for the general public to come and see how maple syrup is actually made. You can sample some maple syrup, and at some locations, there’s maple cotton candy that your kids will love.
- Hampton Beach Seafood Festival attracts seafood lovers from all over NH. Apart from seafood galore, there is a kiddie land, fireworks, live entertainment, and a lobster roll eating contest.
- The Craftsmen’s Fair hosts plenty of artisans that you will be able to see. You can buy their hand-crafted items, along with taking workshops on a wide range of subjects, from glass blowing to printmaking to classes for kids. This fair has so much for the whole family.
- The Highland Games are a perfect place to go, whether you love Scottish life or not. There’s live music, competitions, Scottish food, and Highland dancing. There’s a youth program for kids who might not be so into the festival, along with a kilted race and living history.
- The Pumpkin Festival is a delight for everyone. Lasting only one day, downtown Laconia is taken over by 20,000+ pumpkins, featuring a parade, a beer garden, activities for kids, and vendors.