Porcupine Real Estate Blog
Many buyers are excited by the idea of getting a deal on a foreclosure, but with foreclosures, it's often buyer beware. Here are our top tips when considering foreclosed properties:
- No seller property disclosures available
- Bank is not willing to make repairs or offer closing cost assistance
- Missing or damaged appliances
- Improper winterization, resulting in burst pipes.
- HVAC system issues
- Water penetration and damage issues from remaining vacant for so long
A home inspection is essential not only to identify problems with the home but to also get a more realistic picture of the things that need to be repaired to make the home livable.